Orthodontics are a significant investment in your oral health and you will need to take steps to take care of them. When you visit Elite Orthodontics, our orthodontists will discuss with you the kinds of foods and activities that could damage your braces or other dental work. They may even suggest wearing a mouthguard during sports to protect your smile. But from time to time, accidents do happen and they may even happen to your orthodontics. If you do experience an orthodontic emergency in Buckeye, Arizona, call our offices right away to make an appointment with Dr. Rusty Jones or Dr. Nathan Davis. In the meantime, here are some damage-control tips for orthodontic problems:
- Loose band: Call us to see if you need a band replaced.
- Loose spacer: Call our offices for an appointment to have it cemented. If it falls off, bring it with you when you come to see us.
- Broken wire: Try pushing the wire back into place with a pencil eraser. You can also cover it with dental wax to relieve any discomfort. Do not try to cut the wire! Instead, call our offices for an appointment.
- Loose bracket: Cover the bracket in dental wax if it is causing you pain.
Broken or Lost Retainers:
- Call our offices to have your retainer repaired or replaced as soon as possible
- Stick to soft foods
- Wear a night guard